Monday, April 20, 2009

I Must Not Be French Enough

I recently bought French Girl Knits, which has beautiful beautiful garments, mostly knit in the round, and not terribly complicated looking. Only one problem:

I can't get gauge!

There are two projects I have the yarn for, and I can't get gauge on either of them! One my gauge is too loose and the other it's too tight. Both by a LOT, like two or three needle sizes.

(Will update with which projects when I have the book in front of me.)

Anyone else having this problem? Suggestions?

*

2 comments:

InkyW said...

I haven't tried those patterns, but I just encountered the same issue with a pattern in A Stitch in Time. I had to go down from the recommended US4 (which I really think is a typo and should be a US 3 based on millimeters, but i digress) to a US 1 to get gauge. With sport weight yarn! It's gonna be a loooong knit project!

Celena said...

I've had my eye on that book. Hope your gauge issues work out! :)