Sunday, July 13, 2008

FOs! Sunday, July 13, 2008

Why, hello there. Have you been waiting long? I have some things to show you...

traxsox3

The Tracks socks. Also blogged about here and here. These are for me (neener neener). Finished 6/21/08.

Finally finished Baby J's Quilt. This should not take anyone else on the planet as long as it took me. Let's blame it on... certain people... bailing on their responsibilities, and leave it at that. Pattern is "Easy Lap Quilt" from Bend The Rules Sewing by Amy Karol. This is the second one I made and it was just as enjoyable as the first.

quiltbabyj

Next to the quilt is a Soft Turtle Buddy from the same book. He may be a "big sister gift." If you are making this turtle for the first time, you might want to make it larger than recommended, and pay close attention to the directions. Don't cut out all your pieces until you have read the directions thoroughly! I will make him again (but bigger); he is so cute.

turtle

He is going to be hard to part with. :(

I made some bags this weekend.

These are all variations on Irene's Classic Tote, from the Sew, Mama, Sew blog..

tote1front

First one, made according to Irene's original pattern. Get the details at Make A Bag. Easy pattern, try it! I'm dying for a skirt in this fabric!

The next day, I made two more of these bags. These are so quick and easy of heavier fabric with no lining; great for making bunches of them. This may be my go-to pattern for shopping totes.

apple bag1

This is bit smaller than the original pattern and may be a teacher gift. We'll have FIVE teachers next school year, and that's just classroom teachers. Two each for the older kids and one for Mr. L.

fish bag

Speaking of Mr. L, he needed a bookbag for his meeting books. This one has dividers in the front pocket to hold four colored pencils. (Click for big.) It's even smaller than the first two totes, and maybe just a little bit smaller than I intended. Oops!

On The Needles

Sorry, no photo. One sock pair in progress - Mr. L wants rainbow socks, so that's what he's getting. The yarn is Paton's Kroy in Paint Box - this yarn is way scratchier than Knit Picks Essential (my go-to sock yarn). Will it soften after washing? Stay tuned!

I have a sewing bug at the moment - gotta make more totes!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I am a knitter first and I dabble in sewing and quilting. I can relate to your posts (a nice mix of both!) I found you through the BTRS lap quilt swap - should be fun! I also had a love affair with Irene's tote bags and made about 11 of them. There's still more fabric to make more too. They are the perfect tote bag, grocery bag, everything bag!